Although the COVID-19 pandemic brought about national lockdowns, travel constraints, and limitations to in-person activities, within the framework of the InnoRate project we successfully managed to hold several online events over the past semester. Below is an overview of the organised investment readiness (IR) webinars and workshops:
Investment readiness webinars
- Relations with early-stage investors and banks webinar (February 2021)
During this webinar, participants were provided with an insight on the mindset of finance providers for early stage, high potential businesses.
- Investors’ strategies and options webinar (March 2021)
Thanks to this webinar, participants gained an insight into the world of investment and exit strategies.
- Business modelling webinar (April 2021)
This webinar examined the difference between business plan and business model, provided a snapshot view of different business models as well as tips and tricks on how to decide which model is right for a particular business.
- Innovation and IPR management webinar, in partnership with the European IPR SME Helpdesk (May 2021)
The webinar touched upon the most interesting aspects in the field of Intellectual Property licensing, including negotiation tips and legal traps.
- Financial & life saver tips for start-ups & SMEs webinar (June 2021)
The event illustrated the what, when and why of company assessment, providing entrepreneurs with precious insights on the investor’s way of thinking.
- Coming up soon: Financial strategy webinar (July 2021) and Lean start-up methodology webinar (September 2021)
Investment readiness workshops
- InnoRate and European Data Incubator workshop (February 2021)
This workshop provided a detailed evaluation and tailored feedback regarding the investment readiness of selected start-ups operating in the big data sector.
- Pitching Academy workshop (May 2021)
The workshop focused on evaluating and providing constructive feedback on selected start-ups’ pitching skills.
- Getting ready for your investment pitch workshop (June 2021)
This workshop combined two aspects: a business pitching master-class and a live pitching exercise, complemented by individualised feedback by experts.
- Coming up soon: Investment Readiness workshop at the EBN’s Congress (September 2021)
Overall, thanks to the virtual format of our events, a higher number of participants were able to take part in the sessions: in fact, our webinars gathered 412 attendees, while our workshops attracted a total of 304 attendees. Until July 2021, we engaged an aggregate number of 357 SMEs through our webinars, and 279 through our workshops. Additionally, we have witnessed how webinars and workshops function as a great tool to prepare the investment readiness of EU companies & promote the InnoRate platform among the latter.
Apart from the two webinars and the workshop coming up until September, InnoRate will strive to organise or participate in 3-4 pitching events by end November. By the end of November InnoRate Matchmaking and Investment Forum will also take place.
To stay tuned with these events, follow our News section.
If you missed some of our webinars and workshops, you can browse through InnoRate’s events recordings here.
Leave a Comment